Friday, June 28, 2013

Make it yourself-Shake and Bake Pork chops

I love shake and bake on chicken and pork chops.  I would have never thought to make them myself if it weren't' for the fact that I needed to make dinner and couldn't get to the store one night.  This recipe is even better than store bought, as it uses fresh bread crumbs.


Place 2 cups of bread crumbs into a large gallon sized baggie.  To the bread crumbs add
1/4 cup of vegetable oil,
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp black pepper (or more to taste)
1 tsp poultry seasoning


Shake this in the baggie to mix well.  You can also use your fingers to "knead" it, making sure that the oil is completely incorporated.


I mark the baggie with the contents and the date, and put it in the freezer.

When you're ready to use, take out what you need a place it on a plate.


Rinse the meat you're going to use under the tap.  In this case I'm using boneless pork chops.

One at a time, dip the pork chops in the shake and bake that you've placed on the place.  Make sure the whole thing gets coated, including the sides.  Line the baking sheet with foil to make cleanup easier later.



I baked these for about 40 minutes at 350 F.  They don't need to be turned while baking either.


Delicious.   They taste like ones made with store bought coating, only better!

No comments:

Post a Comment